May 31, 2012

Extra Extra-Life Drawings

Aw yeah, more life-drawing over the summer, yay!  I've been going to the weekly life drawing sessions on Wednesday evenings at school, and it's good for getting not too rusty.  I think I'm finally adding form to my drawings, but that, of course, is debatable.  And what else?  Oh, I'm getting a bit messy with too many lines.  Gotta cut down on those.  I blame my less than an inch long short piece(s) of conte, haha!  I got a new stick; we'll see how next week goes.

I must say I'm enjoying life drawing again without the stress of all the school work at the same time.  I think it reflects a bit in the drawings itself (once again, that's debatable), so yay!  Some of the following drawings are from the last weeks of school, but most of them are from the summer, which, by the way, is flying by!


6 comments:

  1. Nice work Pierre, I definately see an improvement.I heard you're going to the zoo this saturday, have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aleeeeex! Thank you :) Yup, we shall be visiting the zoo this Saturday. Feel free to join in if you have time!

      Delete
  2. Nice Pierre, improvement for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taha. I'm happy to hear that you see improvement in them!

      Delete
  3. Oh the zoo. You are sooooooo lucky to live pretty close to that.
    Shoot, if they opened a green house like place like a rain forest thing I would be there almost every day. Over here our city was talking about opening up an aquarium for years but then most recently they decided against it. Bummer if you ask me. But then I do have my own zoo so to speak with my pets.
    I have a little pigmy forest tiger or rather house cat named Meetso, a small flock of doves 7 total, one small fish that looks to be a cross between a cat fish, a shark and a rat. I also have a bunch of Koi in a small pond. but there more my dad's pets.

    BTW yeah getting back to your drawings, those are great. Going to have to find some time to do some LD my self only I'll probably use a computer for a model. I just go to a link, then look for an exercise video and use that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we still have to drive for almost an hour to get to the zoo, but I guess we can't complain :P Sounds like you have quite a few pets too; always great for sketching :)

      And thanks for the compliments!

      Delete